• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! How to maximize the peak from the audio spectrum?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear community,

I've been trying desperately for hours to find out how I can make the peak from my audio spectrum biggerI've tried so many things and now I can't find a solution on my own eithertherefore I hope that someone can help me here..

My goal:

1. To enlarge or lengthen the purple / white peak, so that it takes up more space and stands out more
  2. To keep the circle as small as possible in proportion

My problem:

1. The value "maximum height" is already set at the maximum level
  2. The smaller I set the layer size of my audio spectrum, the bigger the peak in relation to the circle, but then the tip is cut off from a certain height (PIC 1)
  3. The larger I set the layer size, the smaller the peak & the larger the circle (PIC 2)

I would be really happy if someone, who knows the program more than me, can help me here. Of course I will also give you more information about my problem, if you need it .. Greetings 😉

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guten Tag liebe Community,

ich bin seit Stunden verzweifelt am rumprobieren, wie ich denn diesen Ausschlag von meinem Audio Spektrum vergrößern kann. Hab schon so vieles ausprobiert und alleine fällt mir jetzt auch nichts mehr ein, deswegen hoffe ich dass mir hier jemand weiterhelfen kann.

Mein Ziel:

1. Den lila/weißen Ausschlag vergrößern bzw. verlängern, so dass er mehr Platz einnimmt und mehr heraussticht
  2. Den Kreis im Verhältnis möglichst kleinhalten

Mein Problem:

1. Der Wert "maximale Höhe" ist schon auf dem Maximal-Level eingestellt
  2. Je kleiner ich die Ebenengröße von meinem Audio Spektrum einstelle, desto größer wird zwar der Ausschlag im Verhältnis zum Kreis, aber dann wird ab einer bestimmten Höhe die Spitze abgeschnitten (BILD 1)
  3. Je größer ich die Ebenengröße einstelle, desto kleiner ist wieder der Ausschlag und so größer auch der Kreis (BILD 2)

Ich würde mich echt freuen, wenn mir jemand, der sich mit dem Programm mehr auskennt als ich, helfen kann und sich die Zeit nimmt. Natürlich gebe ich auch mehr Infos zu meinem Problem, falls ihr diese benötigt.. Liebe Grüße 😉

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Instead of using the polar coordinates effect, use the "Use Polar Path" checkbox in the Audio Spectrum effect

justintaylor_0-1622744292316.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If max height isn't working, try to:

1. Increase the mask size
  2. Increase the layer size
  3. Increase the audio layer's "Audio Level" value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots are useless for diagnosing problems. Select your problem layer or layers, press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties and then embed them so we can see them. 

You can increase the audio levels on a duplicate track by simply using levels controls, or by editing a copy of the audio in Audition to change the EQ and levels and use that modified track to generate the effect instead of trying to use the audio you want to hear in the shot. You can mess with the values in the Effects Control Panel. Let us know if you figure out the solution.

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Justin Taylor-Hyper Brew@Rick Gerard for responding.

I found out, that you can set a higher value for "maximum height" than just 2000. Perfect!

..but the problem is now, that there is a cut, like an invisible mask. But i got no mask set! How i gonna fix that??

i hope i got it right with the pictures.. and also that my german-set After Effects is no problem for you.

Greets !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using the polar coordinates effect, use the "Use Polar Path" checkbox in the Audio Spectrum effect

justintaylor_0-1622744292316.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but ehm...unnamed.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to create my audio spectrum without polarcoordinates later.. maybe it will fix my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just some background, what polar coordinates does is take your rectangle layer and warp it into a circle, so if you have space on the bottom or top that will represent a gap in the circle, that's why you're having that issue. If you have your animation at the top or bottom then that will start at the outer edge or circle. But since Audio Spectrum comes with a polar setting I'd attempt to use that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd likely need to change the way you have your effects stacked if you're going away from the polar coordinates approach, I can't read Gernam so not sure what other effects you have on there, but with a simple Audio Spectrum effect and a Glow afterwards, here's what I'm ending up with:

justintaylor_0-1622747210957.png

Also, make sure your solid layer fits your comp so it's not getting cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked !! Thank you so much.

Your idea to remove the polar coordinates was right.. I removed the effect and did it over this way:

https://youtu.be/H4r9_OGS750

Unbenannt.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, glad that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines