• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, my AE CC 2018 is doing weird things.

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today, my After Effects CC 2018 is honestly not the same anymore.

The biggest issue is, that the video preview just stopped working. Its just that grey screen that wont go away.829568d6e0eb2836617e4bcda56f81b3.png

The second issue is, that, when i resize the tabs, After Effects has some kind of visual glitches that are destroying the whole UI.

ff5347c88a07f54d782efb002ff4bfb0.png

in this state, ae is completely useless and i honestly dont know what to do anymore

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Well, if AE went from "fine" to "unusable" overnight, something changed. You installed a new piece of hardware/software that's interfering somehow, your OS updated, a driver updated, something.

If you feel like you've eliminated these variables and it hasn't fixed your issue, get in touch with Adobe support, and hopefully they can assist you. Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on Windows 10 so the obvious culprit is the video driver. Microsoft has a habit of auto-updating things and breaking them in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking the video card driver would be my first thought as well. If it's not up to date, update it. If it just updated and that caused the issue, roll it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kyle, but that didn't help. No matter if I update my driver (amd relive adrenalin edition) or roll it back it doesnt change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to try - File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects. If this is set to your GPU, try setting it to Software Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set it to Mercury software only now but that didnt help either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if AE went from "fine" to "unusable" overnight, something changed. You installed a new piece of hardware/software that's interfering somehow, your OS updated, a driver updated, something.

If you feel like you've eliminated these variables and it hasn't fixed your issue, get in touch with Adobe support, and hopefully they can assist you. Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try re-setting preferences. With After Effects closed hold down shift/ctrl/alt on Windows or shft/cmd/option on mac and hold them down until the software opens. You will have to point After Effects to any previously saved projects. Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rob, but that didn't help 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines