• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP PLEASE! I CANNOT OPEN MY AE PROJECT - the photoshop library operation failed-

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, maybe is there someone that can help me? 

I am working on an AE project and I cannot open the project that I have been working on for such a long time. When I try to open the project this message pop up - 

1.png

I do not have an idea why I cannot open it. Maybe, the Photoshop project is broken and that may be the reason? any comment will be very helpful this is the second time that happens, I have saved a copy, but I cannot open even the copy. I was thinking that maybe my After Effects program is not working well? I have cleaned the cache but still, this message appears all the time! so annoying. If anyone has any idea to save part of the work that I did!

Does anyone have an idea what could it be the problem?

Thank you so much, guys,

Nina

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , How to , Preview , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Start by reinstalling AE. This error might relate to an update having replaced a critical file. Also clear out the cache folders just in case.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by reinstalling AE. This error might relate to an update having replaced a critical file. Also clear out the cache folders just in case.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thanks Mylenium, It is great I could open my project, but.... I have cleared the cache folder 😮  

Media.pngBut at least I can open my project, I feel so happy! I will get back with all the project 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you updated After Effects, you could also attempt to update Photoshop so that it also update the libraries and be more compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another solution to anyone having this problem - if your AE render is failing and you're getting the 'Photoshop library operation failed' message, and you're rendering out an image sequence into another format, you may have a corrupt frame in there. Happened to me twice now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines