Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with a tricky expression

New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://imgur.com/oZ1fLSu

I’m trying to use the “trace path” function to get a stylized draw-on effect, but I need the pencil to stay perfectly centered. So, the issue is the trace path expression advances along the path using a 0-100 Progress slider. When I animate the position of the path, it’s by pixels. It’s not a 1:1 value. So, I can tweak the trace path expression so the X is always 0. Then it stays centered but doesn’t stick to the path as it animates. Any suggestions on how to get the pencil to both stay centered while also tracing on the line?

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy & paste the path to the position property and tweak it from there like using riving key frames to even out speed or parenting to a Null. Once everything syncs up, it's easy enough to pre-compose and tweak with time remapping.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines