• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with the video preview

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i have a dual monitor setup and the video preview activated trough mercury transmit, but my second monitor is 2560x1440 and when i preview the HD (1920x1080) timeline it scales the preview to the monitor resolution which pixelates the whole thing...
Is there any workaround?
Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to go to your monitor settings and set it to emulate HD if your comps are HD. If you leave the monitor set to full resolution, you will get an accurate preview of what your HD video will look like when viewed full screen on a 4K monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. But there used to be a setting where you could set the Mercury transmit to scale and letterbox the output to the preview monitor?
1774405_pastedImage_1.png

Like this one from CS6...

I don't know why Adobe removed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is old technology. It is irrelevant today because scaling the display is a part of all modern displays. Scaling and letterboxing are not going to give you a full-screen display, but just backing up about 2 feet will make those pixels you are worried about blend into the display. It would be more important to me to see what an HD render would look like on a 4K display at a normal viewing distance than to have the preview scaled down to only show the actual pixels. The 4K display probably has quite a few more dots on the screen than there are pixels displayed, anyway.

If you are rendering HD and watching on 4K, and the viewing distance is about the same as the screen's diagonal, most people will see a softer image than if you were rendering 4K. Change the viewing distance to twice the screen's diagonal, and maybe two out of a hundred people could tell the difference between an HD clip played on a 4K screen, and a 4K clip played on a 4K screen. Increase the viewing distance to three times the diagonal, and there is no discernable difference between 4K played on a 4K monitor and HD projected on an HD monitor because human eyeballs can't resolve any higher than that. 

I have a retina-display Mac, and there are way more pixels on the screen than I can see unless I use a magnifying glass. The display has about a thousand more pixels than the highest resolution you can set with the display controls. Two thousand fifty-six pixels wide is the highest resolution you can set. Three thousand four-hundred fifty-six is the actual pixel count of the Retina display. Those extra pixels on the screen give you better antialiasing and provide a higher contrast range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines