23F98AF6-AFA8-409C-AFF3-129D07B9C4D9.jpeg

Hi, how can I recreate in after effects this image, my goal is to make it pulse

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effect --> Generate --> Circle. Just stack a few of them and animate whatever parameters you need.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but is there no better option then duplicating tons of layers to achive this look?

after effects has en effect which is called echo, but it works when position for example is animated, so I was hoping for something similar. I guss this image could have been made in photoshop with some "gradient radial outward something"

I also tried to make a very hard feather and it does create this edgy circles on top of another but they are too small and the seperation is not as bold as in this image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to make a stroked circle and with a repater achive it like many circles, but look too nice an clean unlike the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't bothered matching your colours exactly, but a circle effect with a high feather and colorama, you can get pretty close, then just keyframe the circle's radius:

circle.jpg

Shifting the colours round on colorama, maybe adding a few more will reduce any banding as the blue goes into the yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can simply duplicate the effect in the stack. AE basics. That said, sometimes things can't be done the simple way if you want them to look good and from years of experience faking light effects with feathered circles I can only tell that a "dumb" linear approach rarely ever works due to how the human eye perceives things. As soon as one of your circle begins to pulse, the feathering will seem to change thickness and colors appear to change when multiple instances are overlaid. You may simply not be able to avoid having to work with more layers and multiple effects to realyl make it look awesome...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines