• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make this effect?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make this effect? That abrupt movement of the camera to highlight a part of the song.

Kidd Keo - IGOT (Shot by Ballve) - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched as much of that video as I could stand. 

Do you have a time where your abrupt camera movement happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my video is only a gif with the sound behind. I know there is an effect that do that kind of movement, something like distortion and that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the job of youth to enrage parents, that is gold medal stuff, much better than my cohort could do in the ’70s. I do hope that video is still around when they are grandparents and their offspring find it.  I also am sad that I won’t be here to see those tatoos as they enter their seventh decades, that will be art. Hopefully short sleeves will be in fashion.  But they should enjoy their youth, fleeting it is.

As far as effects goes Mr. Horse just came out with a real cool set of transitions that might work on something like that. They are easy, but you have to plan the shot sequence beforehand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's very quick and hard to see but I would place a copy of the clip above and cut it down to the section you need ,say half a second. Increase the scale of the copy by 15% (?), then add the Strobe Effect. In its settings Strobe Duration 0.05, Strobe Period 0.10 and set Strobe to Makes Layer Transparent.

Play with timings until you get what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a sound effector of some kind. Added to a layer, with circular masking of some kind.  There is a trick in after effects where you can add a bass and treble filter. Then you isolate the bass. Then you can convert to keyframes. Then pick-whip to the value of the bass keyframes to the scale of the layer of the video. The movement could just be manually animated as well.

I thought FCP and Pr were good at this sort of thing? Is there not a pre-set that just does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joolsd  wrote

I thought FCP and Pr were good at this sort of thing? Is there not a pre-set that just does it?

Sure!  Just use the Magic Wand effect.  It'll change toads into gorillas, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines