• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I render layers as separate files.

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sure there must be a simple way to do this.. but I can't find it.

I need a way to be able to select all layers of a composition and export them as individual .mov files. 

Ideally using their in/out time in the comp to determine the .mov length and if possible name the file based on the layer name.

These last 2 are 'nice to haves' the main issue is export layers individually.

I've tried - https://aescripts.com/rd-render-layers/ which on paper is exactly what I need, but it doesn't work, it seems buggy & inconsistent, possibly as the last update was 2014. Has it been replaced by something?

I'm using AE 2022.  The reason I need this to work; I'm making a text layer for every line of a theatre script for projected captions.The playback will be QLAB as seperate video cues.

A work around is exporting the whole comp with chapter markers, splitting them up in premiere and exporting from there, which is workable but a step I'd like to avoid if possible and this method doesn't carry the file names.

I would appreciate any pointers!

Many Thanks

Tom

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You pre-compose each layer to its own comp and then simply render the comps. There are several scripts on AEScripts that may be useful:

https://aescripts.com/search/?q=pre-compose

Just be aware that if you used specific belnding modes and other stuff were used you may need to duplicate other layers as well to get the correct interactions and appearance.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the re_render_layer before and it looks perfect, what is the issue you face? this script can do almost everithyng you want to render a layer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has worked perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines