• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a slow motion effect for parts of a video?

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen videos showing how to make the entire video slow or faster, but I just want certain frames. For example: frame 4s to 6s of video to be slow instead of the entire video.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

You have to activate the Time remapping options for your videos. Go to Layer > Time > Enable Time Remapping. Then, you can create keyframes at 4s and 6s marks. After that, if you move away these keyframes you can make the video slower. Don't forget to activate any of the frame blending options on the layer switches. If you click once, then After Effects will use the Frame Mix option. If you click twice you will use the Pixel Motion option, a lot better than the Frame Mix option. (Check attached

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to activate the Time remapping options for your videos. Go to Layer > Time > Enable Time Remapping. Then, you can create keyframes at 4s and 6s marks. After that, if you move away these keyframes you can make the video slower. Don't forget to activate any of the frame blending options on the layer switches. If you click once, then After Effects will use the Frame Mix option. If you click twice you will use the Pixel Motion option, a lot better than the Frame Mix option. (Check attached image)

Captura de Pantalla 2022-04-17 a las 13.42.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried using time remap that way before, but for some reason it would accelerate the entire video a lot after the slow motion. Now it is working normally, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines