• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to achieve moving mask that follows animation?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a magnifying loupe in the video that I want to animate. It zooms the underlying footage a bit more to give it that magnifying look. In the screenshot you can see the idea.

How i'm trying to do it now is: 

Footage with person (A) -> Duplicated it (B) -> Mask on clip B -> Lasso clip B to layer with magnifying loupe. But doing that keeps the mask in a fixed place but moves clip B when I want to animate the loupe.  

Is there a quick and easy way to link mask to loupe properly and without any (paying) plugins?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the circle as a track matte and animate its position. That would also facilitate actual parenting of the graphic and matte, so everything stays aligned and can be refined easily.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd use an Adjustment Layer underneath the Loupe picture with the Magnify effect on it.  Then I'd link the Magnify's Center property to the Loupe's position, so that when I moved the loupe, the effect follows it.  If the centre of the glass is not the centre of the image, use the anchor property to adjust it.

This way you only need one layer of footage, and only have one property (loupe's position) to adjust.

helped.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines