• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to add time warp without losing your position in the timeline

Enthusiast ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i add time warp to a clip i lose my position and find it very hard to find it again.

the reason is because it timewarps the whole clip, so now the portion of the clip i am using has moved

this creates a big problem as i try to search and find the part of the clip i want

is there any way i can apply this effect without losing my position?  i tried pre-comping but doesnt work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quiet sure if I understand the problem, but time warp works with keyframes.

If you are on a time position which is somehow imported, you just apply timewarp and put a keyframe to this very position.

Let's say you want to slo-mo 2 seconds of your movie. You go to the start where the slomo should happen, put in a keyframe, next you go to where the slomo should end and put in another keyframe. Now you drag the keyframe where the slomo should end and the very last keyframe of timewarp further right to slow down only the area where the slomo should be.

With timewarp, you really have to take care of what keyframes you are moving and how, in order to keep real-timing where it should be, and slomo/speedramps where you want them to be.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you timewarp a clip, it becomes shorter or longer.  It only makes sense that the clip will be off... and you just have move it where you want along the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave+LaRonde  wrote

When you timewarp a clip, it becomes shorter or longer.  It only makes sense that the clip will be off... and you just have move it where you want along the timeline.

yes,  but it would be nice if it started only from the section of  the clip that you are using

otherwise, if you are only using a 10 second segment out of a ten minute long footage. your 10 seconds will get lost as soon as timewarp applies.

you will now be looking at a completely different 10 seconds, and have to search to find the 10 seconds you previously had,which can be very difficult to find in a long clip, especially since you are now scrubbing through a clip that has timewarp applied, so it will be laggy on a lot of computer setups.

timestretch doesnt behave this way as far as im aware, but timewarp does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always just split the layer. Do your time manipulation on the second copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rick+Gerard  wrote

You can always just split the layer. Do your time manipulation on the second copy.

will try this, rick,  thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines