• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change text direction in ae script?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to change text direction of text layer in ae script?

try.png

 

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this with scripting currently. You haven't said why you want to do this but in my experience it's been more important what Text > Text Engine preference is set when a text layer is created. i.e. you need it set to Middle Eastern if you want Arabic text added to a text layer to display correctly.

Unfortunately while that pref can be changed through scripting, it doesn't seem to honour the result when set through scripting, which is an issue we discussed here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/app-project-reload-not-working-when-changing-quot-type-...

In that case, the only solution I can think of is to save a project with some text layers already created using each of the difference text engines, then import that project and copyToComp to get the required layer type into your comp.

There is a lot of stuff regarding text support in scripting that could do with improvement so I'd encourage you to file feature requests:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines