• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Create EXR Output Module Template (Scripting)?

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there's a bit of an issue right now where the format setting in the output module is not settable (which feels like something that should be fixed) - the workaround for this is to take an existing Template and modify the rest of the settings, then save as a custom setting. The problem with this is that there doesn't seem to be an existing Template that has the OpenEXR format that I can rename and modify. So my question is, is there any other way I can get this setting without having it be set manually?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

You can create an .aep with a render queue object that has your desired preset. Include the .aep as a binary in your script, create the file at some location on the user's computer, then import the .aep into the current project. It will add the contained render queue object to the end of the queue. Now you can grab the output module and do with it whatever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create an .aep with a render queue object that has your desired preset. Include the .aep as a binary in your script, create the file at some location on the user's computer, then import the .aep into the current project. It will add the contained render queue object to the end of the queue. Now you can grab the output module and do with it whatever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! This fixed my issue and makes life easier so I don't need to pre-install it. Side note - is there a way to turn off the string automatically adding "_[#####]" to the Output File name? Or at least change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, happy to help. 🙂 

Hm,  I recently dabbled with it but couldn't find a way to remove the ending. If you just want to render one frame, here's what I would do: Simply grab the file after the rendering is done and change the file name using fileObj.rename( newName )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines