• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create multiple comps (~40) based on 4 separate color schemes with variable images and text?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the title says, I have to make about 40 comps showcasing apps created by students. Each comp will need to have two screenshots mocked into iphone skins that animate onto the screen, and then three to four lines of text animating in that say the student name, app name and a brief app description, plus the name of the High school.

I want to have each one based on one of four color schemes (e.g. background color, and text color to maximize readability), but the app/phone animation will be the same except for having a unique screenshot set. I've managed to create four comps that utilize scripting to draw colors from a master color comp, and have been able to get all four to be different. the problem comes in when I need to duplicate them. I've tried using the "true comp duplicator" plugin, but everything gets really messy really fast.

my structure is as follows
individual comp for each app which contains:
    1)Phone comp which contains:
          a) comp for the phone skin (needed because it is a video asset, and I need there to be two versions one normal and one reversed)
          b) comp for the app screenshots (which uses motion trackers to follow the phone skin video rotation)
    2) Text comp which contains:
          a) Two copies of a comp with all of the text elements, one so that it can animate in, and the second copy to time reverse and animate out.

all of the comps have scripted references using the "fill" effect to the master color comp to create the four different color combos.

Is there a quicker/better way to do this that I am missing? would i be better off to create a new project and import 10 versions of this project?

very confused, and of course, under a deadline.
making things happen
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have to write your own script to make this setup for you.

Or another tactic I've used is to make one comp with all these animations on one timeline, lined up one after the other, maybe with some gaps in between. You use keyframes to change the colors and text, time remapping to repeat animations, etc. You can see all the animations in one place and make global changes easily.

For output, you make a comp for each person that has your main comp with the in point shifted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you know the solution, simply import the project as much time as you want so this can help you duplicate everything and get the 40 comps, you may face one issue if you have some expression linked to a master layer in a separate composition, so keep the color control in the same comp  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines