• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to duplicate a comp and duplicate the nested comps as well?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this question has been asked a few times but all the answers are old so I wanted to see if theres any new better ways to do it. 

I have a project where I want to use the same comp that is a template I got from a stock footage service muliple times but change the text on each of the dulicated comps. The text layer is nested deep in the comp, I'm talking 4 or 5 nested comps deep. Is there a way to duplicate a comp so that it also duplicates the nested comps so I can make them independant of eachother so each instance of the comp will have different text? 

I need this comp duplicated up to 20 times in the main comp so to duplicate the nested comps 4-5 times for each of the 20 instances of the comp would be a PITA

TOPICS
Error or problem , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

You have a couple different avenues:

- Manually duplicate the comp and nested precomps.

- Use a third-party tool like True Comp Duplicator.

- Learn more about working with Essential Properties, which can often eliminate the need to duplicate comps in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a couple different avenues:

- Manually duplicate the comp and nested precomps.

- Use a third-party tool like True Comp Duplicator.

- Learn more about working with Essential Properties, which can often eliminate the need to duplicate comps in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! It sounds like options 2 gives me a really good "work around" option and perhaps the Essential Properties is what I need to learn to to do it the "right" way. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines