• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get this effect on text

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure out the intro text animation in this video. Can someone please tell me whether it is done on after effects or is it done using a 3D software ? 

If its done on after effects then how can one achieve this animation ??

https://youtu.be/6VJtBntjgsM

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any 3D in there. If you mean the text at the beginning, then this looks like some basic dynamics simulation using Newton, a comemrcial physics plug-in, where the artist hasn't even bothered to tweak the parameters that much, given how simplistic it looks. It could of course just as well be animated by hand if one wouldn't want to spend the money.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mylenium ohh alright.. I don't know I just felt the upper text might have been done using Element 3D. I haven't heard about Newton but I'll surely check out that Plug-In. Thanks for letting me know. 

You have also mentioned about animating by hand. Does that mean that one of the possibilities is its done by just keyframing the path of a shape tool ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (205).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see the letters in this frame look a bit in 3D. I might be wrong, but do let me know what you think. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Mylenium, I don't think there's any 3D going on here.  It looks to me like there's some distortion happening to each letter, which bends some of the letters as they disperse, and then just a physics simulation which, as Mylenium said, would be easily achieved with Newton, or less easily by animating each letter by hand.  

It also wouldn't surprise me if this was created using some sort of purchased animation template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, Thanks a lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines