• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to increase UI font size in After Effects?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I have a lil problem. I have high rez monitor and using AE CS6 but I couldn't find about change UI font size menu.

Is that possible? My OS windows 7.

Best,

Kuma

Idea Acknowledged

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2024 Oct 03, 2024

Please upvote.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
37 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@admin Please implement UI zoom like Illustrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround using Mac is to change the system text size per monitor:

Apple Icon > System Preferences > Displays > Display Settings 

Choose timeline monitor then scale resolution 

-lrg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply however, this just makes everything bigger, not just the text in the user interface. Additionally, this doesn't apply to just After Effects, it affects every application on that display. This is a solution, however, I would call it a nuclear option. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose, it's a nuclear option that can be turned on and off. lol I just switch my monitor that runs the timeline when necessary. Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, too. The text is so tiny, I can barely read it. In this day and age of ADA, you'd think the option to adjust the GUI for people with less than 20/20 vision would be a given. I can read all the text in my other apps. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? This question was initially raised back in 2014?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and the link given refers to a non-existent page... So this issue remains unaddressed and unresolved, as far as I can see... Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is still an issue in September 2023. It's barely possible to work with the tiny AfterFX interface on my 4K monitor. This is a state of affairs I would not expect in an era where there are tons of programs around getting UI scaling done properly like Blender, Ableton Live, Microsoft Office Apps, VSCode, Windows Terminal etc. I kindly ask the Adobe team to put this high up in their backlog as I consider this to be very urgent - and apparently I'm not the only one with this opinion.

I'm afraid I don't know of any good alternatives to Adobe After Effects. I need a program for motion graphics mainly in 2D with the ability to easily deal with vector graphics (no rasterization while editing, just when rendering). Fusion in Davinci Resolve does not support vector graphics to my knowledge. Blender doesn't seem right for these motion graphics things including tasks like animating text. Unreal or Unity? Haven't tried those yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa, 3 years later and this post is the only one I found that actually did the trick.

Thkx a lot Veronica, you rock! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I searched all over and you're the only one that worked PHEW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can Adobe not allow users to change font size? I can't believe it's October 2024, and there is still not a solution to this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2024 Oct 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upvote.

Kevin Monahan - Sr. Community & Engagement Strategist – Pro Video and Audio
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2024 Oct 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

While there has been some conversations in this thread through the years I wanted to get an updated impression with the new UI and since I believe the original post was done prior to OS scaling being supported.

I know while OS scaling is an option, I have heard people having mixed opinions of that style. Why does OS scaling fail to meet your needs? Is it because you do not want other applications to also be scaled?

@defaultlyi3hd2g188g requested that the version of scaling that should be available in AE should match Adobe Illustrator. Is that how others in this thread would like this implemented? Here is the example, of Ai's scaling which allows for the OS scaling to be managed at the application level instead of or in combination with the OS scaling:

JessicaMcMillan_0-1729816849455.png

Do you find some areas of the UI text size harder to deal with than others? When the UI is scaled via OS scaling, are there parts of that is undesirable/desirable for how you envision UI text scaling to work? 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. 

All the best,
Jessica
AE Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate