• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add UI Scaling

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects user interface is very diffuclt to work with at 4k, even on very large monitors. To wit, on a 32" monitor at 3840x2160, the text of a layer name is 1/16 of an inch tall– 8 layers are packed into each vertical inch. The Console Debug "AdobeCleanFontSize" workaround has no effect on some aspects of the interface, such as layer names, text in effect control panes, etc. This undersized UI poses legibility challenges, and slows workflow by requiring an extrordinary level of pointing accuracy to click on things.

Illustrator solves this problem elegantly by adding a "UI scaling" slider control to the "User Interface" pref pane. Photoshop solves this problem a bit less elegantly but still effectively with a "UI Font Size" and a "Scale UI to Font" option.  I suggest the AE team adopts one of these appoaches.  I'd also suggets that this be a very high priority. It is necessary for most AE artists to work at 4k these days, making this an annoyance that I deal with every single day. I feel this is the most glaring feature oversight in AE currently.

Thank you for your consideration, AE dev team. And if you are a fellow AE user reading this and you have the same issue be sure to upvote, because apparently upvoted posts in this forum is what passes as a feature request/bug report nowadays.

Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's it possible that there's still no option inside After Effects to manipulate the blody font size of the UI text elements ? 

I'm not talking about what the current version of the Debug Database View under AdobeCleanFontSize is capable of changing.  As this only applies to certain things. It doesn't include: font size for layer names, project items, the Effects Controls, Effects & Presets and more...

I mean ? For real ? We a small indie company or what ?

there are people that have vision impairment, that use a wide screen with a high resolution

Don't even dare to tell me to increase the scale and layout within windows itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is tiny on wide screen (and retina too). Even Chrome tools bar seems far far way. My workaround was to buy some glasses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to see a fully smooth scalable UI via a slider. It would probably require a redesign of the way their UI functions though... don't see it happening very soon.

It does scale along with OS scaling however so you can use that as a workaround for now although all your software will be affected by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People have been asking for this for at least 13 years. I doubt it will ever show up, but we can still hope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! Adobe Team, whats the ETA on this very basic feature that other Apps already have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! This feature is so needed. Giant 4K+ monitors don't play well with tiny text and human eyes. Needed this for a long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Need this ability. Font and UI scaling have been a missing necessity for a long while now. No one will use AE when we are all blind from these tiny elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate