• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Install .AEX Plug-ins?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded VideoCopilot's Color Vibrance (v1.0.6) and VC Reflect (rev14), and both .zip folders came with just .aex files (as well as some data for MacOS, which isn't relevant to me, as I'm on Windows 10). I can't make AfterEffects open the .aex files, nor can I use the Bridge to install them. I'm lost, since VC Saber was also a .aex, and that installed just fine? Is there something I'm not doing right? I keep finding many conflicting tutorials. There were no .jsx or .jsxbin files in the .zip folders, either. Just .aex files and MacOS-relevant folders/files. 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply copy them to your AE plug-in folder which by default is C:\Programs\Adobe\After Effects\Plug-Ins.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made this video a little while back, mainly to share as a link to questions like this, but its proved to be quite popular (for my channel at least)

A quick guide showing how to add extras to the software. Most plugins these days come with an installer, but if you do have a plugin and you're not sure how to manually install it, this video talks you through the very simple steps. It is likely you will need Administrator access to your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if this can still help (I had the same problem.).

Personally, I put the .aex file in C:\Programs\Adobe\After Effects\Plug-Ins\Effects. Afterwards, you can look for it in your effect, it should appear there.

Bye ! ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your answer was very helpful!! and actually the only effective solution I tried. Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines