• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep a person fixed while the camera of another video moves?

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I animated manually the girl video to show you what I´m trying to do. Is there any way to do it easier?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G7xdm1uFwWE8mxbKpELo4m2FAkdBwmxf/view?usp=drive_link

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link doesn't work. Post your clip or images directly on the forum.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mylenium thank you for replaying. Sorry for my delay. Here is a better example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFJ_THGj72U

How to make the people recording, which was made with a still camera (camera not in movement) has the same movement of the 3D camera inside After Effects? If this technich has a name, please, tell me, so I can research about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want accurate perspective changes, the camera movement must be the same, or at least close to the same, in the greenscreen stage as in the 3D environment. Perspective is controlled by camera position and framing by focal length. If you are shooting miniatures, then the camera movement must be scaled.

If the miniature has been created at a 10-to-one ratio (1 foot on the miniature equals 10 feet in real life), and you move the camera 20 feet on the green screen stage, the camera on the miniature should move 2 feet to match the perspective changes.

The farther away the camera is from the subject, the smaller the perspective shift is. If your actors close the distance to the camera by only about 10%, it is much easier to drop them in a virtual set by just motion tracking. The first shot in your sample works fairly well because there is very little movement toward or away from the camera, but as soon as you try and change the angle to the camera, the shot falls apart.

In the second shot, getting on the lift, the camera movement closely matches the virtual camera, so the perspective matches fairly well.

The easiest way to line up the shots would be to shoot the greenscreen shots with sufficient tracking markers or fixed objects in the scene for you to get a good camera track, then export the camera tracking data to the 3D app and use that to match the moves. Mocha Pro/Syntheyes has far better tools than the After Effects Camera Tracker for that kind of work. 

Without some fairly decent camera tracking data in the greenscreen footage, you are stuck with trying to match the movement as well as you can by hand. Automating the process requires the accurate camera, not the actor or a moving prop, tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, actually, I´m refering to the technic used in the shared video. How to composite still cameras footage with a video which camera is moving. Specially in the begining of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You start by following the instructions in my first reply, and then you separate foreground and background elements in the master shot, do the tracking, and layer the footage. 

This is a graphic inserted instead of a person, but the workflow is the same:

I could have inserted a person or a video instead of a graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines