Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to lock a text or image to camera movement

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to create a timeline of a world map, where a counter on the top right corner counts from the beginning to the end showing the year. the camera then moves across the map zooming in and out. The composition uses multiple images files that are selected as 3D. I would like to know if their is a way to make the time counter stick to the corner at all times, even when the camera does move, zooming in and out, and going across the map.

I tried parenting the time counter to the camera, but this only moves the timer to the back of the map image when I zoom in.

The only way I have successfully done this was by rendering the composition without the time counter, create a new composition, import the video file and then add the time counter in, then re render it. I was hoping their would be an easier way of doing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Make the counter a 2D layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the counter a 2D layer.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did that it didnt work.  But then n re did the whole composition. Set the timer to 2d and it worked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines