• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the Current Time Indicator jump between Keyframes

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if there is a shortcut to make the Current Time Indicator jump from a Keyframe created at the beginning of the animation to a second keyframe on the same layer.
Example, I made a position animation from 1 second to 5 seconds, I created two keyframes, from the 2nd keyframe I want to create another animation with opacity from 5 to 10 seconds, is there a shortcut that allows my time needle to jump between these keyframes???

TOPICS
How to , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

When keyframes are exposed in the timeline the 'J' and 'k' keys will snap the CTI (current time indicator) from one keyframe to the next. J moves left, K moves right.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Rick's answer is the best one, but there's two other options I can think of:

1. Holding down SHIFT while dragging will snap the CTI to the next "event" in the timeline
  2. Clicking the little arrows next to the blue keyframe diamond will also jump the CTI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When keyframes are exposed in the timeline the 'J' and 'k' keys will snap the CTI (current time indicator) from one keyframe to the next. J moves left, K moves right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick's answer is the best one, but there's two other options I can think of:

1. Holding down SHIFT while dragging will snap the CTI to the next "event" in the timeline
  2. Clicking the little arrows next to the blue keyframe diamond will also jump the CTI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to thank you for your attention and your time in responding to me, as I had looked everywhere and hadn't found the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One other note:

If you want to limit the playhead jumping to just keyframes on the currently selected property use Shift + J or Shift + K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines