• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manually create keyframes for mask in Mocha ?

Advocate ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a small 15 frame scene....  it's complicated, so Mocha won't track it well...

No problem, I simply use the pen and outline my mask.

After I make my mask outline, I click on "Key +" bottom right, to make a key frame,

then when I do the next frame, the first frame doesn't stick?   ... and the mask in frame one, looks like the mask adjustment I made for frame 2.

Can't make a manual mask in Mocha.

What did I do wrong?  

Thanks!
Letty

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Spend some time on the Boris FX website looking at the tutorials for Mocha AE. There is a section on manually adjusting the spline and doing roto. 

The workflow is track first, then switch to the Adjust Track tab in the Classis UI. There are a couple of excellent tutorials. You can't manually adjust anything unless you are in the Adjust Track mode, you just reset the search area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spend some time on the Boris FX website looking at the tutorials for Mocha AE. There is a section on manually adjusting the spline and doing roto. 

The workflow is track first, then switch to the Adjust Track tab in the Classis UI. There are a couple of excellent tutorials. You can't manually adjust anything unless you are in the Adjust Track mode, you just reset the search area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick, will do.

I'm trying to finish that graffiti on the bus bench you helped me with earlier.

I made a new image in photoshop of the entire original bus bench ad, then photoshop'd out the boy, now I'm attempting to mask that bench and use mocha to have the new image follow the mask.   I think if I can mask the whole bench ad then have the new image follow it, it might work.

I was able to half and half like you said, but I can't sync the 2.  So I came up with just making a new image, insert the graffiti into the image using photshop and then use mocha. I think I'll get lucky, lol worth a shot.

Thanks again!

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines