• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to permanently separate repeat objects ie make each object it's own object?

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I used the radial feature to turn a vector image into multiple copies following the shape of a circle.

I would now like to ungroup/isolate each image so that they become their own object so that I can individually treat each vector image without all of them being affected, but also be able to permanently remove them from the group to be manipulated as totally separate objects.

Isolate lets me temporaily do this, but any changes are then repeated amongst all the objects as soon as I click out of the group.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Repeaters cannot be converted/ expanded. You have to build it this way from scratch. AE is not Illustrator and there are simply limitations to how this stuff works.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeaters cannot be converted/ expanded. You have to build it this way from scratch. AE is not Illustrator and there are simply limitations to how this stuff works.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ugh - I'm sorry Mylenium - I was meant to post this in the Illustrator forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines