Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to put snowfall in a circle

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to AE and I'm still having trouble to figure out the logic of AE - though it's getting better 🙂 
Right now I need to put the snowfall effect into a circle. How do I do that?

(So far I tried to make an Adjustment layer with a mask with Shape ellipse - but the snowfall shows in a rectangle!). If someone could just point me in the right direction to make this, I would be grateful 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Create a new layer above the snowfall layer.  It can be a shape layer with an ellipse, or a solid layer with an ellipse-shaped mask applied.

Then set the Track Matte setting on your snowfall layer to use the new ellipse layer as a Track Matte.

Alternately, you could precompose the snowfall layer, selecting "Move all attributes into the new comp".  Then simply apply an ellipse-shaped mask to the precomp layer in your main comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new layer above the snowfall layer.  It can be a shape layer with an ellipse, or a solid layer with an ellipse-shaped mask applied.

Then set the Track Matte setting on your snowfall layer to use the new ellipse layer as a Track Matte.

Alternately, you could precompose the snowfall layer, selecting "Move all attributes into the new comp".  Then simply apply an ellipse-shaped mask to the precomp layer in your main comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, of course! Why didn't I think of that? 🙂 I hope at some point I will get so familiar with AE, that I'll be able to solve this kind of problem-solving myself 🙂
Thank you so much, Andrew! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines