• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save an Animated Logo to use in future AE projects?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preface: I am very new to AE.
I made an animated logo as part of a web banner design, now I want to save the logo animation by itself as it's own asset to use in future projects. To add to other animations as either an intro/outro ect. I've cut out the rest of the banner animations and left the timeline with only the logo animations and saved it as it's own project file. I have no idea how to make it animate in a new project without opening the logo project and altering the project specs to fit the new project. 

Options I've Tried:

-I've tried saving ONLY the logo animation as it's own file (which works fine) and importing it into a new project. It drops the file in, but none of the actual animations are present. Just the origanal graphics that were used to animate it. 

-I've tried File>Dependancies>Collect Files . This made a new folder with everything saved in one place, but again, when opening the file it didn't save any of the animations and when importing the file it also didn't have the animation. 

I've searched google countless times, but I only get how to save presets with applied effect in AE and not saving the animation I did. Meaning, the logo's physical movements. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

You didn't specify what type of "file" you saved it as.  If it's saved as an AE project (.aep) you can just import it into another project...all the animations should be there

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't specify what type of "file" you saved it as.  If it's saved as an AE project (.aep) you can just import it into another project...all the animations should be there

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's saved as an AE project file. (.aep file) When I import it, it only imports the images and doesn't add actual animation. Maybe I need to make a few distinctions. The logo animation has no AE animation effects only position, scale, opacity and rotation animations in the timeline. So the image files are getting added to the new file, but the animation/keyframes aren't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything should be in the main composition of the imported project.  Are you dragging the comp into the new comp or are just dragging in the assets?

Just tested to make sure it wasn;t a bug or a change and I was able to import a project with all animation intact.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I see what I was doing wrong. I was dragging the entire folder over instead of JUST the composition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three steps are required to create a template comp.

1. Create a comp that just contains your animated logo
  2. Save the project
  3. Select the comp that contains only the animated logo in the Project Panel and go to File Dependencies, collect the files, and save the file as an AET (template) file.

If you just want the animated logo, add the animated logo comp to the Render Queue, select the Lossless with Alpha preset and render a production copy of your animated logo as a movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OH! Yeah, I could also make a template and that could work pretty well too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines