Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to select the end of a clip in the end of the timeline

Engaged ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

Since I have been using AE, I split the layer of a clip, so I can be able to select the end of it. As I have indicated the layer with the circle and question mark, is there a method I can shorten the clip by selecting the ends of it (shown in CYAN colour arrow), rather than splitting the layer(s) as I usually do?

PS: as seen in the screen shot with the arrows, I have clips which I have split the layers.

StefanCargoski_1-1684030444120.png

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Move the time indicator to the spot you want to set an out point for a layer, select the layer, press Alt/Option ] and a new out point is created. 

The layer in your screenshot extends beyond the end of the comp timeline. If you press Alt/Option + ] the layer's endpoint will be set to what looks to be 25 seconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click to open the layer view, set the out point there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Move the time indicator to the spot you want to set an out point for a layer, select the layer, press Alt/Option ] and a new out point is created. 

The layer in your screenshot extends beyond the end of the comp timeline. If you press Alt/Option + ] the layer's endpoint will be set to what looks to be 25 seconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines