• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to start writing expressions for AE? - I don't know how to code

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to start automating some processes and just be a little more free within AE without relying on chatgpt code or asking for specific expressions any time I need one - I realise this might come accross as a wider 'how do I start coding' question, but its more in specific relation to AE, that I'm interested to learn, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

TOPICS
Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Animoplex Youtube Channel has a very thorough and well-structured series on AE Expressions.

https://www.youtube.com/@Animoplex/featured

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks really good, thanks for sharing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On aescripts there is the (paid) book "The Power of Expressions". Also, if you prefer to work with a decent. collection of ready to use expressions instead or in addition to coding your own ones, my (paid) extension iExpressions could be helpful. We have a 25% discount until Friday.

iExpressions can also serve as a library to collect and manage your own expressions - and it even creates user interfaces for them.  See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4aUzMYjPI8

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems like a very useful tool and something i'd look at futher down the road, thanks for sharing that Mathias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines