• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop After Effects from starting VR?!

Explorer ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I guess the VR-thingy is useful for some people who use after effects. But for me. It's just in the way. It (the oculus after effects vr-app) boots up whenever I have oculus home running (which is most all the time) and After Effects. The result? Oculus starts to give error messages and can't download updates.

I've gone into the video preview settings in After Effects and made sure to disable the VR-display there. But it still launches the VR-app in oculus for some reason?!

How do I stop this from happening?

Maybe in the future I could see myself using the VR thingamajigg in After Effects. But right now I just want them to stay away from each other until the baby-problems of 360 video are stamped out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Answered several times. Just open up the preferences and change the settings for Video Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered several times. Just open up the preferences and change the settings for Video Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: this is probably called "Adobe Immersive Environment", for anyone still running into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what would be great.  If Adobe could not RE ENABLE it with every upgrade.  Bad enough the break presets and other things.  Besides I'm now having to become a font expert becasue they need to make their lives easier by not supporting it.  Sound like i'm in a bad mood? Yes, becasue I'm in the middle of a 100 hour project that AE decided it can't render properly.  Fun! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hear you.  The only thing worse is getting one of teh paid mods to lecture you about how it's all your fault lol.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines