Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am getting this weird distortion in after effects

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello experts, Please help me

I am creating a rotating card in after effects bu whenever I rotate it the top and bottom of the card gets distorted you can see in the video please tell me a solution for this please 

Thank you please help me

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That problem is really hard to diagnose because I don't know what your timeline looks like. I see a perspective shift that is consistent with a fairly wide lens. The anchor point may be displaced in Z. If you want to minimize the perspective shift as the layer rotates move the camera back and increase the zoom value to frame up the card. Perspective is controlled by the camera position, framing by focal length (zoom in AE). Take a look at these 3 screenshots. The layer is rotated 30º in Y in all 3 and it is the same size and at comp center. The first is a 28mm lens at the default position. The second the Z value is set to -5000 and the Zoom value has been increased to fill the frame. The perspective is a lot less. In the last screenshot, the Z position is -20,000 and the zoom is also about 20,000 and there is almost no perspective shift.

Screenshot_2021-04-12 13.19.12_pFgo4C.png

Screenshot_2021-04-12 13.20.16_szd3Ax.png

Screenshot_2021-04-12 13.21.02_sPvDP6.png

If changing the camera position doesn't fix your problem let us know. Please embed a screenshot that shows all modified properties of the layers giving you problems.

The only other possible problem is that you have your comp set to rectangular instead of square pixels. We can't know any more without a detailed workflow description and embedded screenshots like the ones that I posted that sho all modified properties of the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this detailed answer sir

Am not using camera, am using the simple rotation of the shape to make this rotation, is this what causing this to distort?

I will try the camera now and see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I send you my source file so you can better see everything and conclude what's actually wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at your project. The comp is nonstandard, and that is going to cause problems when you share the project. You need a camera. If you do not want any perspective in the shot you'll need to add a camera with a very long lens. 

Screenshot_2021-04-12 15.51.29_dktsWy.png

 

ROTATE.gif

The camera in After Effects is just like a real camera. Move it close to the subject and you get a lot of parallax shift and perspective change if you move the subject or the camera. Put the subject a long way away from the camera and there is very little perspective change or parallax shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I even tried on a standard composition size still same issue and camera is not fixing it all the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not added a camera, and you have not used the camera tools in 2021, then the default Active Camera is about the equivalent of a 35mm to 50mm lens. If you want to minimize the distortion add a new camera with the zoom set to about 20,000. 

Everything you need to do to control the perspective is in my first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that sir it's improved but still it's there it can be seen clearly 

I have sent you my file please checking your inbox check and you will get the better idea of whats wrong 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines