• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get the Alpha Matte to work

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use a shape layer to create a matte to reveal a photo underneath a 3D image,  It is a simply wipe transition that isn't working for me. The two layers I am working with aren't 3D images, one is a purple layer with a texture and the other is a shape layer that I am moving to be revealed by the 3D "50". I have the picture layer above my shape layer, but every time I change the shape layer to "Alpha Matte" the whole screen goes blank. Refer to the video. Any help would be very much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/rRZHyrCY108

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

TBH I'm finding your description a little difficult to follow - but there are a few important things to know that should solve your problem:

1. It looks like your Composition is set to operate with the Cinema 4D renderer. See: Composition > Composition settings > 3D renderer tab. Track mattes are not supported by this renderer.

To work around this: take your 3D layer - I guess your 50 Text layer - with any camera and lights, and pre-compose them. Then make the downstream comp a 'Classic 3D' comp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBH I'm finding your description a little difficult to follow - but there are a few important things to know that should solve your problem:

1. It looks like your Composition is set to operate with the Cinema 4D renderer. See: Composition > Composition settings > 3D renderer tab. Track mattes are not supported by this renderer.

To work around this: take your 3D layer - I guess your 50 Text layer - with any camera and lights, and pre-compose them. Then make the downstream comp a 'Classic 3D' composition. You can then make your track matte in this downstream Comp.

2. The 'cutter' of the track matte assembly needs to be the top layer of the two.  You select the matte using the TrkMat menu on the layer immediately below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is nearly impossible to see what is going on in your comp. It's probably nothing more than a workflow issue. Post a screenshot with the modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed (press uu) and make sure we know what layers are what and we should be able to help you. Don't crop the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines