Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a 30 secound video in after effect, and My compostion settings is :
Width : 960
Height : 2565
Pixel Aspect Ratio : Square Pixels
Frame Rate : 50

and my render setting keeping changed to 960*2564. How could I change to 960*2565 ? Thanks all.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. All MPEG formats require multiples of 2 for the output dimensions. It's a technical thing. You need to study up on this stuff. Of course you can always use alternate formats like ProRes, but that may not be of much use for whatever you have in mind.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!
one more question, if I need to render a 960*2565 MP4, what render setting wolud you recommend?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot use odd numbers of rows or columns for all distribution codecs, including MP4. The frame size must be even numbered because the compression algorithms always use blocks of 4 pixels. Only lossless formats like Pro-rez are capable of odd numbers of pixel rows or columns. 

If you are rendering for a web page, all media players will also play only even numbers of rows or columns, and the frame sizes are also limited to a standard group of sizes like HD, Social Media Square, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines