• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help with this in After Effects.

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a big project for my college, and I want to animate a logo for this, but I'm having difficulty trying to remove some parts of it. I have this logo with the triangles in the sphere on this logo, and I want to get rid of the excess white outside of the sphere while it runs the animations. How can I do that? I've looked up a couple of tutorials, and some of them aren't getting through to me. Here's  what the logo looks like, and I have an attachment of what I want to happen with the difficulties.

NAIT_DES_08_Logo_CMYK_1700.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess you need to set a track matte with the shape of the logo if the logo is animated. Mocha supports the tracking in After Effects. This tutorial may be usuful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxN1g9pjOg&t=542s

https://www.youtube.com/c/BorisFXco/search?query=mocha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All you need to do is to select all of the animating triangles, go to Layer > Precompose  - choose to move all attributes to the new comp, name it Triangles comp.

Then, in the Main comp, slect the new "triangles comp" layer and grab the Pen tool. Draw a mask around the Areas you want to be visible (the shape of the inner shield area). This will mask off any areas you don't want. 

If you want to animate the whole thing, drag the entire comp into a new comp and animate it. no need to use any motion tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines