Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Animate files (.fla) doesn't work into AE 22.6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 🙂

I have a .fla file I want to import into my project in After Effects. Thing is, and old version of that .fla file was succesfully imported in an older version of AE. I had to change the Animate file, and when I try to import this new file, a message error says "adobe animate is required to import a .fla file" which makes no sense at all since of course Animate is part of CC Desktop... I'm suspicious it has to do with the last AE update, but I reckon I might be doing something wrong. Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks!

ps. I tried to replace / reload footage with no success, export the animate file as a video, etc. Not proper solution, I'd need the fla file in the ae in order to make everything work properly

[NOTE: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lories68336629,

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of Animate (version 23.0.1). Install the update and restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I downloaded and ran it with my student yesterday prior to my comment ... I am on 23.2.1 and still had the issue. I removed everything but five basic images in motion created in Animate and saved as a .swf. No luck so far.

Thank you,

Lorie Soliwoda-Truong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I downloaded and ran it with my student yesterday prior to my comment ... I
am on 23.2.1 and still had the issue. I removed everything but five basic
images in motion created in Animate and saved as a .swf. No luck so far.

Thank you,

Lorie Soliwoda-Truong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug happened to be an Adobe Animate bug, not After Effects. As I can check at my end, the latest version of Adobe Animate is 23.0.1 and After Effects is 23.2.1. Be sure to update Animate too.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I downloaded and ran it with my student yesterday prior to my comment ... I am on 23.2.1 and still had the issue. I removed everything but five basic images in motion created in Animate and saved as a .swf. No luck so far.

Thank you,

Lorie Soliwoda-Truong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi rameez, i hope you are well. I am currently experiencing an issue sooort of similar to this one, but not the exact same. When i try an import files into AE (im using v22.0 of AE) then i get the error saying- "After Effects Warning: Classfactory cannot supply requested class" and when i try and browse effects on ae, i get the following error- "After Effects Warning: Adobe bridge is not installed". Even on Adobe Premiere pro, when i try importing files, i get an error that just crashes the app and kicks me straight out. O have no idea whats causing this problem and even uninstalled ae and reinstalled it. Nothings worked for me. Please can you help me as this problem is really frustrating. I did an sfc scan and tried practically just about everything. Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use after effect 23.0 version, Its works. But one problem is that - effects are disabled(Advanced layer- Bevel) in After effects after importing fla files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This has been fixed. Please check out John's correct answer in the following thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/unable-to-import-fla-files-into-ae/idi-p/13575254

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's working again the the latest update AE 23.2.1 and Animate 23.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects not importing Animate/Flash files in the latest recent updates to Adobe 2023.
Adobe please fix this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines