• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In and out times linked

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to adjust the in and out times of layers independently, but when I change one of the two using an explicit value in the in/out column, the other value automatically adjusts so that the total time the layer is displayed remains constant.

How can I decouple them?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how to unlink the values when manually entering an in or out time using the In/Out/Duration/Stretch column. It makes sense to keep the duration constant when typing the in or out time for the layer, which is what happens in all of the other editing/compositing software I have used.

You can drag the values to change the in or out time, but entering a value for the in or out point will move the whole layer up or down the timeline. I never edit in or out points by typing in a value. I use the keyboard shortcuts Alt/Option + [ or Alt/Option + ] to set the in or out point to the current position of the CTI (current time indicator). I will occasionally manually enter a time in the Timeline Time/Frames indicator in up in the top left corner of the timeline, but dragging the CTI up and down the timeline has always been more efficient than Shift + Dragging a layer to line up a keyframe or an in or out point to get it to snap to the desired time is more efficient for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines