• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interacting 3D elements - CC Sphere and 3D Rotate Around Circle Animation Preset

Participant ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 3.35.46 PM.png

OK, one problem solved, on to the next problem — make that the next two problems! I have finally gotten my orbiting text (live text with 3D Rotate Around Circle Animation Preset) to go behind the planet (photo with CC Sphere effect).

1.  Now, i want to fly around those two interacting 3D objects with a camera. That works just fine with the text, but the planet appears to flatten out to a circular disc rather than a sphere. (See attached screen shot.) I could animate the planet seperately on the poistion time line, but i'd really like to know how to make this work, if possible.

2. I set up an environment layer that the front side is reflecting correctly, but why are the back and sides of the text reflecting the planet? 

After Effects CS6, iMac, OSX7.4.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--Carol Gunn

Gunn Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easiest way to do it would be to simply make the CC Sphered earth Auto-Orient itself to the camera.   Right click on your earth layer > Transform > Auto Orient > Auto Orient Toward Camera.  Tadaa!  You can move your camera all around and the earth will always look like a 3d object.  Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines