• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inverting Rotoscoped Image

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rotoscoped an image, but I would like to remove it so that a different video layer can show underneath instead, what is the best way to invert the rotoscoping so that the image can be removed instead of the background?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Hi, there are several ways: if it's a mask/masks set the mask/s to Subtract or place a layer of the footage underneath your roto and set its "TrkMat" to Alpha Inverted (if you cant see the Track Matte box in your layer press the Toggle Switches/Modes box at the bottom of your screen. Then add your different video underneath.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there are several ways: if it's a mask/masks set the mask/s to Subtract or place a layer of the footage underneath your roto and set its "TrkMat" to Alpha Inverted (if you cant see the Track Matte box in your layer press the Toggle Switches/Modes box at the bottom of your screen. Then add your different video underneath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Towerguy said. Or drag in an Invert effect and set it to Alpha.

I always do my roto separately from my footage on a solid as a track matte. That way I can affect the matte without affecting the underlying footage and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked !! Thanks a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines