• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Quicktime required for After Effects and Premiere?

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company computer (mac) will soon have Quicktime removed due to no security updates. Will it be required to use After Effects and Premiere or can I get away with other software?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use H.264, it works the best for me. But AE has lots of codecs you can render in, so you should be fine? Let me know if I understand your question correctly or not.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You only need the quicktime components. Not sure if you can remove them as they ar part of the OS. Also, as suggested by @Jqke , H264 is a heavily compressed format, not the best way to work on professional environments. Your machine will need some CPU/GPU cycles to decompress H264 before playback and your workflow speed will be affected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines