• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way of using PF_EFFECTCUSTOMUIOVERLAYTHEMESUITE1 in an AEGP?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you can add this to a pile of AEGP + UI questions..

I have a lovely working panelled plugin (thank you, people who gave answers to previous questions of mine).

The panel, though, is ugly as sin. I'd like to make it integrate nicely into AE's own GUI, matching the user's display preferences, etc.

The SDK discusses this when it comes to effects.

The forum keeps leaving tantalizing hints of how AEGPs can access effects suites

(for example, when discussing HTML5 panels... People keep mentioning "yes you poor AEGP people we aren't supporting you but maybe you can make your plugin communicate with an effect that uses this).

All I want is to be able to retrieve whatever the current AE graphic settings are for brightness etc and use them to set up my window. From an AEGP, not from an effect.

How can I do this?

(and as a bonus question, is there, anywhere, some kind of starting guide for how to accomplish this mythical effect-plugin commnication? Especially vis a vis html5)

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

You can get this background color info from an AEGP using PF_AppGetBgColor(), in PF_AppSuite.  There is also PF_AppGetColor() for other UI thingamajigs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get this background color info from an AEGP using PF_AppGetBgColor(), in PF_AppSuite.  There is also PF_AppGetColor() for other UI thingamajigs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines