• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to make the time indicator move to a keyframe when I select a keyframe?

Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is there a way to make the time indicator move to a keyframe when I select a keyframe?

I find it really annoying having to move the time indicator all the time to modify a keyframe. (In Flash, you would just click on a keyframe in order to modify it...)

In other words, I would like to modify keyframes by just selecting them!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do what you want.  You have to have the timeline cursor on the keyframe you want to modify.  That's just how AE works.  You have to get used to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have the timeline cursor on the keyframe you want to modify.

In this case, it would be pretty handy to have a way to make the time indicator automatically move to a selected keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to double-clicking a keyframe to edit it, you can use J and K for jump to previous keyframe and jump to next keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, but I really don't find this method practical because it snaps to every single keyframe of every layer...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But if you select one layer it must jump between the keyframes of the selected layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always double click a keyframe to edit it's values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rock on! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines