• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any performance downgrade in the newest update?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have is exactly a bug, or a crash... No.

What I have is just a performance related problem here. My PC, since monday, is not able to handle After FX anymore. It makes the entire PC to slow down and all the actions I try to do when it's open, take ages to complete. Only when I close it, the PC starts to run smoothly again.

And this is happening only when I open After FX. I can use Photoshop undisturbedly for hours and hours. I can use Premiere the same way, and Illustrator. But as soon as I open After FX the entire PC seems to bend down trying to hold it up running. And everything I do gets slower and slower...

So I was here just wondering if the most recent update made a performance downgrade on it. Because it was working pretty well, until last month. I used to edit things like a bullet. Just do this, do that, and that.. and POW!! Was everything done and dusted. But now... It struggles to open up a single window.

Are you guys experiencing something like that?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by disabling multiframe rendering in the preferences. Apparently there are still some major rough spots with it and AE attempting to continually render stuff in the background as well as creating caches could simply bog down your system. Beyond the usual things apply: Check your graphics driverm, caches and hardware acceleration settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines