• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue: Exported video color profile showing as HD (1-1-1) instead of selected sRGB.

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having an issue with After Effects not exporting a video with the sRGB color profile. I have the sRGB profile selected under File > Project Settings > Color. When I add the video to AME render queue, I have "Match Source" selected. However when I view the file in MacOS Finder, the color profile is labeled as HD (1-1-1). FYI, I'm exporting as an mp4. I also exported the first frame using the "Save Frame As" option, and the jpeg shows as sRGB in Finder. I need the video and the frame image to have the same color profile so that it matches the background on the web page it's sitting on top of. What steps am I missing? Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video files quite generally don't use any color profiles except for intermediate workflows, i.e. exchanging clips between programs that support color management by assigning profiles in the footage interpretation or metadata. The rest doesn't matter. Matching video to a page background has nothing to do with actual CM and is ultimately a futile exercise. There will always be a browser or mobile device that doesn't render the page as designed since they don't have any CM and are tied to a terrible display color profile. The rest is just a matter of understanding how web pages are rendered in the general sense, how compression affects color and somewhere inbetween finding a way of reducing these problems with color management and eyeballing adjustments to compensate for these deviations. So for what it's worth, whatever you are trying to see there is probably just the default stream info as interpreted by OS X when no CM is present and bears zero relevance. Every web video designer would be happy to just slap on a color profile and enforce correct colors, but that's unfortunately not how things work. If you have specific problems, you need to provide some actual info about your project, how the video is integrated, screenshots illustrating any potential color discrepancies and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines