• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues importing AI files into AE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue importing AI files into AE as well as using shape layers in AE. If I turn the layers into 3D (either imported AI layers file, AI layers turned into shape layers or even just shape layers drawn in AE), Mode and Track Matte fields disappear and each layer gets distorted, cropped in a weird way. I tried Purging memory and Cashe, I have restarted my computer several times, reinstalled AE and AI, started a new project but the same issue is still there which makes it impossible to work... Is anyone having a similar issue and if so have you found the reason and fix for it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a screenshot of the AE UI, including altered properties and of course, the issue.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screengrabs before and after I turn layers 3D. Please note Mode and Track Matte fields before and after. The same thing happens to the shape layers. I even tried just drawing a square shape layer in a new composition. But the same thing happens...

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 9.02.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-20 at 9.02.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the feeling your layers aren't in the correct order from top to bottom in your comp.  Make sure "Mouth" is on top, then "Eye", then "Eyebrow, "Helmet Highlight", etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to reset you after effects preferences, also try to remove and reactivate the mode column

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 4.27.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the GPU drivers updated? Everything else updated?

Does this happen on Cinema 3D Engine instead the classic one?

What are your system specs and how much RAM did you allocated to AE?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers are all correct. The same thing happens even if there's one layer only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, try this:  Purge the memory & caches.  This could do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First thing I tried. Doesn't help. Now I have gone back to the older version of AE, reset preferences and new compositions now are showing up correctly. However the file I've been working on is still corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines