• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with 3D Camera Tracker Since Most Recent Update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I have searched and searched for someone else experiencing this issue and have been unable to find anything online. Adobe's phone support also proved fruitless.

Since updating to the latest version of After Effects CC (version 15.1.0 - build 166), I have been having issues with the 3D Camera Tracker. When dragging the effect onto my footage, the usual initializing process begins and I get the blue "Analyzing in background step 1 of 2" banner across my footage. But under "Effects Controls" it no longer shows the percent complete or the number of frames it is working through, that area (just to the left of the stacked "Analyze" and "Cancel" buttons) is just blank. In addition, under the "Advanced" section, the "Average Error" lines are not returning actual values. Instead of numbers, I see this:  "Average Error: -" and below that "Average Error: %.2f pixels." The analysis phase then would eventually complete and move into the solving phase, and then nothing would happen. Often AE would totally lock up at this stage and I would be forced to end the process through Task Manager. Warp Stabilizer also seems to have stopped working, although I am having no problems using Warp Stabilizer in the latest version of Premiere CC. Originally I was using MOV files recorded off a GH5. These worked perfectly in the previous version of After Effects. And when I attempted to roll back to that previous version, they continue to work exactly as I would expect them to. Searching around online, I discovered that the latest version of AE no longer fully supports Quicktime files, so I suspected that might be the cause of my problems.

I immediately imported an mp4 file and tried that instead. Interestingly, this managed to successfully make it through the 3D Camera tracking process, but it still refuses to display the frames and overall progress at any point, and the "Average Error" sections continue to display:  "Average Error: -" and "Average Error: %.2f pixels."

All of these clips have been quite short and basic and had absolute no issues in previous versions of After Effects.

My computer is also more than beefy enough to handle these sorts of effects. I am running an Intel 8700k with 64gb of RAM. My video card is an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 with 11gb of video RAM. My work drive is a 1TB Samsung m.2 960 Pro. This a fully updated Windows 10 64bit system, and all of the other drivers are also up to date.

Adobe's phone support claimed to have not heard of anyone else having this issue. And basically refused to help unless I granted their out-of-country support team remote access to my computer. (Um, yeah, that's NOT gonna happen.)

I sincerely hope somebody is able to help me solve this problem. Or at least that others are able to confirm that they too are experiencing a similar bug.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Finally WORK! but,  three months for ONE FIX update

Ok, thanks for remove BETA version Adobe After Effects CC 2018

Thank you very much!ss.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen grab of what the Effect Controls look like during the 3D Camera Tracker analyzing step:

aftereffectsproblem.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no real answers...
Just wanted to say, that I used the 3D Camera Tracker myself on the week-end and was looking for the progress info, too - seems to be gone. My shots were mp4 and ProRes: 2 of 5 shots got stuck at solving - AE didn't freeze though, but after hours still no result. What worked for me for these two shots: I did pre-comp and time-reverse them, then tracked those time-reversed pre-comps. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, hope there's a quick fix since I really need to track some shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Try to use a previous version of AE. I'm trying now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A cursory reading of my original post would have shown that I already did that. I have had no problems whatsoever with 3D Camera Tracker until the latest update. Please read the post you are replying to before you reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The April update of AE is causing woes for a lot of different people, and for a lot of different reasons.  But they all have one thing in common:  AE features that worked perfectly well before the update now do not, on the same machines and same operating systems they used before the update.

The immediate solution is to revert to the previous update.  Adobe promises bug fixes, but no one knows when they'll come.  Some of the problems may be simple troubleshooting.

Both involve time that should not have to be wasted by users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. So annoying !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Tested in 2 machines (MAC and Windows 10). Warp Stabilizer does not show progress too, just in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not work.. same problem, 3D camera tracker and Stabilizer not run.

Update.

After Effects and Premiere PRO not import .avi format and have problem with movies alpha channel.

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 12.52.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-26 at 1.00.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened on PC

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a fix coming? This is very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 - Unfortunately we're all permanent beta testers now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Skärmavbild 2018-05-04 kl. 10.51.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here. Trying to revert back to an older version to see if it fixes it. Quite annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay just downgraded to version 15.0.1 and its working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I noted that in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Same issue,  when downgraded to version 15.0.1 it works but...if you use premiere...need to downgrade Premiere to version 12.0.1 otherwise Dynamic links does not works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... but the Plugins works when downgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't try all my plugins, but this previous version of AE works perfectly  with trapcode suite and VideoCopilot Plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something that ended up working for me: try using detailed analysis. Still don't know what happened to showing the progress but the tracking ended up working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use detailed analysis. You can see that the box is checked in the photo I attached to my original post.

(BTW, it‘s interesting that no Adobe admin has bothered to venture into this thread despite all the customers who are having the same problem. Thanks Adobe!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on osx high sierra mac pro 2013. The tracker does nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Still waiting to hear something on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here.
I tried 4k 10 bit footage (30 second clip) the first bit took over 1 hour before I gave up (16 core, 1080ti machine).  I transcoded it down to 1080p (annoying, but just trying to solve the problem now!), and the blue stage went quick... still sitting forever on "solving camera".
Basically... doesn't work.

Argh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines