• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues With Adobe After Effects CC2017

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I finished a video with my website logo that's 7 seconds long at 980 x 160 px.

2. I imported a separate video at 2000x1000 px.

3. I want to have different composition sizes for the first 7 seconds than when the second video starts playing...

4. The Preview Play button only works the first time I run it then no longer works.

5. That Caps Lock button is infuriating when it locks the screen

6. Keyframes DO NOT work with lights some times. I click the clock next to the position then go forward 3 seconds, adjust the light, then there's a new keyframe, but it doesn't save.

My biggest question is why can't I do a simple keyframe with the composition size? Seems like they make some of the basic stuff WAYYYYYY harder than necessary...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

You can't change frame sizes in the middle of a video. Video just does not work like that. There are also standards for frame size, frame rate and color space that must be followed if you are going to get any media player to successfully playback your project. There are also different formats for intermediate rendering and delivery. You need to learn the difference and when to use what.

Generally, unless you have a great deal of experience, your comp settings should never say Custom and your com

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great now my layers are all missing from the bottom of the screen... what a joke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude.  You have no concept how video works.  Go get yourself some learning:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the people on this forum don't work for Adobe so ranting about features you don't like will not get you very far. 

And now more tough love.  If the program randomly deleted "all the layers from the bottom of the screen" this forum would be on fire. It isn't.  I suspect that problem is self-inflicted.  Provide more details, perhaps a screen shot,be nice and someone will try to help you.

I am unaware of any similar program that will let you change composition sizes, Ae is designed to make short duration pieces of content, not feature length things, and that said I'm not aware of any NLE that will let you change composition sizes mid-piece either.  You could add or subtract a frame, in black or any other color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change frame sizes in the middle of a video. Video just does not work like that. There are also standards for frame size, frame rate and color space that must be followed if you are going to get any media player to successfully playback your project. There are also different formats for intermediate rendering and delivery. You need to learn the difference and when to use what.

Generally, unless you have a great deal of experience, your comp settings should never say Custom and your compression settings should never say custom because fooling with either setting can foul things up completely.

Your question and your problem tell me that you have not spent any time here Basic AE​ learning how AE or video works. Just poking around and then blaming Adobe for your problems is not going to help you complete your project.

Give us some workflow details and explain exactly what you want to achieve and how you plan to distribute your video and we should be able to point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines