• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for keyframes only, not expressions

Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a keyboard shortcut to only show keyframes?

I usually use "UU", but that shows keyframes, plus expressions. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Navarro.

You mean "U", right? "UU" means show only modified properties, even if they're not animated

But you are right, "U" reveals animated properties, regardless of the animation method.

I don't think there is a shortcut to reveal only keyframes, if expressions also exist (the opposite is true, via the "EE" shortcut to reveal expressions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little longer, but you can press U and then press Shift+EE. When you use Shift with one of the shortcuts to show only specific properties, it actually hides them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one catch is that shift-EE will hide all attributes with expressions, even those that also have key frames, so the net result isn't quite the same as revealing all properties with keyframes.

This is a good one for a feature request.  I've often wanted to be able to have this capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh! Of course Aaron is right.

I don't normally do this, but I'm going to go into the feature database right now and add this feature request instead of urging y'all to fill out the feature-request form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2011 Sep 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same question/request and came across this thread which I see is dated back to 2009.

As I see it was registered in a feature request datbase, has there been any progress (i.e new shortcut) since then?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider it submitted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted too. I just ran into this frustrating issue the other day. I too thought, "Well, I'll just get rid of the expressions...wait, there go some of the keyframes! DANG IT!" And a brilliant solution was foiled again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revealing keyframes and expressions select all layers and press the U key.

To hide the expressions press the shift key and then hit E twice.

If the property that has the expression has keyframes the pressing the shift and EE will hide that layer.

I use this all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it all the time too, but I want a way to show the keyframes on a layer without showing the expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is addressed in the After Effects CC (12.1) update, coming in October:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

This is addressed in the After Effects CC (12.1) update, coming in October:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

And I'm very grateful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines