• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframes arent aligned properly after closing and opening project

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what's going on, but for some reason, I can't line my pointer thing up with the exact positions of my keyframes or markers. This mainly starts happening after I close and open a project.

A24900849mqwb_0-1655417163224.png

It's either I can't line my cursor up with the keyframes, or they all just get moved slightly somehow and it gets really irritating when I'm trying to sync something.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

You will see that problem if you change the composition's frame rate. Keyframes are based on time, not on frames. Place a keyframe at 1 second and 15 frames in a 60 fps comp. The exact time of the keyframe is going to be 1.25 seconds. Change the comp frame rate to 25 fps, and the keyframe will still be at 1.25 seconds, but it will be just past the start of the frame at 1:06. The change happens on the frame closest to 1.25 seconds, which happens to be frame 31. If you grab the keyframe and slide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me as well. Sometimes clips/keyframes go IN BETWEEN clips for some reason. Super weird. In this case, I would copy the value of the keyframe, delete it, and re-add it with the same value.

I understand you might want a permanent solution, in that case wait for another person to reply.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will see that problem if you change the composition's frame rate. Keyframes are based on time, not on frames. Place a keyframe at 1 second and 15 frames in a 60 fps comp. The exact time of the keyframe is going to be 1.25 seconds. Change the comp frame rate to 25 fps, and the keyframe will still be at 1.25 seconds, but it will be just past the start of the frame at 1:06. The change happens on the frame closest to 1.25 seconds, which happens to be frame 31. If you grab the keyframe and slide it left or right, you can get it to snap to the start of the next or the previous frame, and the timing will change slightly, but nobody will be able to tell the difference because our brains work at about 12 to 15 frames per second. That is why Looney Tunes cartoons were so easy to watch. The animation camera operator double-shot every animation cell, so we watched 12 fps animation when we watched Bugs Bunny. That meant that animators could create twice as much screen time in a day, and the studios could make money.

If the keyframes slide when you have not changed the frame rate, there is some kind of a bug, but I'm not seeing it, and I never have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks man, I understand now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines