• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Levels don't work after bileteral blur !!! bug alert!!!!

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello  every one. I have a situation. So, I have mask layer, generated with mocha. I use this layer as a track mate for adjusment layer. I want to use bileteral blur and some noise in this adjustment layer. Everything OK. After I added Levels in adjustment layer, there is nothing change. Levels FX is don't work properly. It can't generate histogram and there is no change in the picture.  I delete all fx in adjustment layer and after add levels, It is working.

I made several setup. And I think I discovered something like a bug. When the add levels FX after bileteral blur(layer or adjustment doesn't matter), levels FX doesn't work.

I use AE 16.0.1(build48)  I made same setup in AE 15 and it worked

Here is the screenshot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Thank you for reporting this problem. In a simple test with the Bilateral Blur and Levels effects, I do not reproduce this problem in After Effects 16.0.1.

Can you please file a bug report at our UserVoice site? Please attach a project file that demonstrates the problem so we can investigate further. Thanks.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this problem. In a simple test with the Bilateral Blur and Levels effects, I do not reproduce this problem in After Effects 16.0.1.

Can you please file a bug report at our UserVoice site? Please attach a project file that demonstrates the problem so we can investigate further. Thanks.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim. Sory about my English. It is not enough to describe this situation. So I decided to make a screen record.

After Effects 2019 Bileteral Blur bug - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video. I was able to reproduce a problem, and have filed a bug. Here's what I see:

When the Levels effect is applied to an adjustment layer after the Bilateral Blur effect, rendering updates to the composition preview is very, very slow. Even unrelated changes, like turning off the layer visibility, are not rendered quickly. It takes a long time (at least several seconds, much slower than the Levels or Bilateral Blur effects individually), and there is no indication in the Composition panel that After Effects is processing the rendered preview.

It's possible other effects could also cause this condition. I tested a handful, but the only one that behaved the same way was the Smart Blur effect. I don't know what Bilateral Blur and Smart Blur have in common.

This problem only occurs when the Levels effect comes after the Bilateral Blur effect on an adjustment layer. When they are applied to a footage layer or solid, etc., the problem doesn't occur. Masks or track mattes don't appear to affect the problem.

I have a couple of workarounds to suggest:

First is simply to wait for rendering the preview to complete. Not a great solution, but in my tests the rendering does always complete.

Second is to avoid using an adjustment layer. In the video, what you show can be accomplished on one layer. Instead of duplicating the layer and making a track matte with a masked version of the layer, apply the effects and mask to the first, original layer. Then twirl open the effects in the Timeline panel and click the + (plus) button next to Compositing Options section of each effect to add the mask to the effects. (Note that you will want the mask in Add mode for this to limit the scope of the effects to the mask. The rest of the layer will not be masked in this case.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi tim I made this video for just show the issue. It ıs not my work project. I know there is a lot of different method. But, I use this method many many times in my works. Also this method working on early AE versions. By the way thanks for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines