• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking existing frames

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my ram playback wont playback all the video only part of it.

I get this message when stops playing back,"Locking existing frames".

Anyone dealt with this issue before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

It means that project is just too heavy for your computer, I am afraid you have to increase your RAM if you want to have a complete preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that project is just too heavy for your computer, I am afraid you have to increase your RAM if you want to have a complete preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem, System Specs. Windows 10, RAM 64 GB DDR4, 5950X, RTX3080Ti, I dont think i can go further upgrade on this. The spec mentioned is top notch configuration but still this happens. Import Video is 4k 100fps & 30 second clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a MacBook Pro w/M1 Pro chip and 32 G ram and it struggles. look at Video Info of what your working with. 4K 100 FPS and 30 Sec clip is a lot for any computer to handle  I am working on a simple vector art from illustrator and its not doing too well.  Its frustrating when learning such a complex program. I watch School of Motion on YTube and learned so much. Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just tried ae>preferences>previews and set adaptive resolution to 1/16 and it helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one thing to try is go to after effects>preferences>previews and set adaptive resolution to smallest fraction 1/16  it seemed to to help with playback. I have a new macbook m1 pro chip with 32 ram and it struggles. also try precomping finished groups of layers  after effects is very cpu and ram hungry so make sure files are small   good luck. hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you creating a 100 fps comp? If you are, may I ask why? No sharing service or ordinary media player will playback video at 100 fps. 

What else is going on in the comp?  

When figuring out the amount of ram required for playback, you have to calculate the number of pixels and the number of frames. Seconds don't figure into the calculations. Set Comp resolution to Auto and set Magnification Ratio to 25%, and you'll full an HD monitor with a 4K video. The number of pixels will go down by 75%, and the preview will contain three times as many frames.  Skip one frame in the Preview Panel, and the preview duration will double. 

I would not expect a very long 4K 100 fps preview, and I'd even be surprised if AE could deliver real-time playback at 100 fps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines