• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for an AE plugin developer to help execute an idea for a plugin I have

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in AE, I noticed in one instance that an expression didn't work as I expected it to do, and the workaround was a bit too complicated to be easily used. I recently got an idea for a simple control-like plugin that would help solving the issue for me and everyone else. Downloaded the SDK, because I have some experience in programming C#, but now I am overwhelmed because a lot of things there goes over my head, also it's in C++, a language I haven't programmed in before.

I am hereby looking for plugin developer that can assist me execute the idea. I have not decided the business model for this plugin, but it will either be distributed as freeware or sold for a low price. I do not know if someone has already executed my idea, but since I can't find what I am looking for I want this plugin to be a reality anyway.

If you are interested in teaming up and discussing this idea, hit me on saddex136@gmail.com.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked into scripting?  See the scripting resources here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/aftereffects.html

Scripts can manipulate expressions.  The CS6 Scripting Guide is the latest full doc.  Search for "expression" in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured my idea could help others as well, otherwise, yeah, scripting works too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saddex,

if your plugin's a 'control' one (like expression controls?), it should be easy to do just by modifying the skeleton sample from the SDK.

What do you exactly want to do?

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to control the rotation speed of an object based from an audio amplitude layer, and was disappointed because it appears expressions have no memory. The absolute value of the rotation should be a product of the speed each frame, PLUS all the values that the speed factor has generated each previous frame. Unfortunately, those values aren't stored anywhere without a complicated workaround. I got an idea for a plugin that could make things easier for everyone with the same problem; this plugin would import any value as the derivative of the value you want as output, and then with an integral function generate the output value. The idea was that either you could add multiple integral stages to this plugin through an option (importing a value as acceleration for example and then output the absolute value) or you could just stack plugin instances on each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx for the details,

when you said a 'control-like' plugin, I was thinking of something else...

Sorry for the false hope.

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines